Anyone in a leadership position at any company understand how crucial it is for sales and marketing teams to be efficient and responsive. One powerful way to achieve this is by automating your lead routing process. HubSpot offers a fantastic feature that can automatically distribute incoming leads to the right salesperson based on predefined values. This not only ensures a faster and more efficient response to leads but also helps prevent valuable opportunities from slipping through the cracks. Let's walk through step-by-step on how to set this up inside HubSpot.
Step 1: Determine Your Qualifying Criteria
Before setting up lead routing, it's essential to define your qualifying criteria. This could be based on monthly revenue, territories, company size, or other factors. Make sure you have a clear understanding of the attributes that determine which salesperson should handle each lead.
Step 2: Use HubSpot's Workflows Tool
HubSpot's Workflows Tool is your key to automating lead routing. Workflows is hands down the most valuable tool inside of HubSpot. The possibilities here are limitless.
Here's how to set it up:
Step 3: Create a Workflow
- In HubSpot, navigate to the Workflows Tool and create a new workflow.
- Choose "Contact Enrollment Triggered Workflow" as the type of workflow.
Step 4: Set Up If-Then Branches
- Based on the qualifying criteria you defined in Step 1, create if-then branches in your workflow.
- For example, if your criteria are based on monthly revenue, set up branches for different revenue ranges.
Step 5: Route Contacts to Specific Salespeople
- Within each if-then branch, add the action to "Rotate Record to Owner."
- Note that to do this, you must have a sales professional license in HubSpot.
- This action will automatically assign the contact to the appropriate salesperson as soon as they convert. You can "round robin" the new lead across a set of users or an entire Team within HubSpot.
- Alternatively, you can use the Set Property Value action to set the Contact Owner. Do this if you know the exact individual who should be assigned the new lead.
Step 6: Add Notifications to Salespeople
- After routing the contact, it's essential to notify the assigned sales representative.
- Add a notification action to inform the sales rep about the new contact they need to reach out to.
- Make sure all users have the proper notification settings set up so they can get internal notifications. This is set at the individual user level.
Step 7: Repeat for Different Criteria
- Continue creating if-then branches and routing actions for each qualifying criteria.
- Customize notifications and actions for each branch to ensure a personalized response.
Step 8: Handle Non-Qualified Leads
- For leads that don't meet your qualifying criteria, set up actions to handle them appropriately.
- This could include sending an automated email with resources or informing them that they are not a suitable fit at the moment. You can then enroll them in a low touch nurture or some other offering to keep them in your ecosystem if you think they may become qualified in the future.
Step 9: Set Up Internal Notifications for your Ops team
- To ensure everything runs smoothly, consider adding internal notifications in case something goes wrong with the routing or data. The people that do not go through the workflow properly may fall in the "None Met" branch - in many cases.
- Operations or marketing and sales ops teams can benefit from being notified about any workflow or operational issues.
Step 10: Monitor and Optimize
- After implementing lead routing, regularly monitor its performance.
- Optimize your criteria and actions based on the data and feedback to continually improve your lead management process.
Automating lead routing in HubSpot can transform your sales and marketing teams' efficiency. It ensures that leads are promptly assigned to the right salespeople, resulting in better customer experiences and increased sales opportunities. By following these step-by-step instructions, you can set up automated lead routing and unlock the full potential of your HubSpot platform.